Come join your fellow Montessorians at Park Road Montessori in Charlotte for the fifth annual MANC conference. We'll start with an Administrators Summit on Friday, October 6 in the afternoon. Then on Saturday, October 7, we'll have a full day of workshops and presentations for everyone. Registration is open for either or both of those days.
For those who cannot attend in person, the conference will also be live-streamed.
This conference is packed with presentations and workshops that are of immediate interest and value to Montessori administrators and teachers, both public and private.
IMPORTANT: If you will be attending on Friday, school security requires that you complete a "Volunteer Application." Doing this in advance will save you time when you arrive. This does not apply to Saturday's sessions.
Our 12:15 pm Friday Administrators Summit features:
Elizabeth Slade: "United: The One School Approach in Resiliently Growing a Montessori Program "
Katie Brown: "Successful & Sustainable Montessori Schools: What Does it Take? "
Allyson Creel: "Redefining Parent Education"
Plus an opportunity to share and network at the end of the day at our Administrator's Reception!
After that, you can choose from 15 workshops!
- Responding to Ineffective Behavior in the 3-6 Classroom
- Cultural Simulations
- Curriculum, Coding, and Critical Thinking
- Creating Successful Systems for Montessori Schools
- Classroom Management: It's Not Just the Teacher's Responsibility
- Building Strong Communities One Relationship at a time
- Breaking Thru the Bias of Boy Behavior; Creating Successful LE Classroom Environments for High Energy Boys
- Planning for Success in the Elementary Classroom
- Innovating & Sustaining Engagement with Parents, Staff and Teachers in an Online Environment
- Put Your Oxygen Mask on First
- Meeting Every Child: Addressing the Needs of All Learners
- Can I Support the Fundamentals While Embracing Cosmic Education? Applications in the Science of Reading
- Going Out - The Practical Life of the Elementary Child
- Allowed & Proud: LGBTQ+ Inclusion in our Schools
- How to Get Your Children Moving Purposefully on the Line
There will be a large variety of vendors to visit during the day, plus ample opportunity for networking and socializing.
Friday sessions start at 12:15 pm. On Saturday, registration and vendor exhibits starts at 8:00 am. Lunch is provided. The last workshop sessions end at 3:30 pm.
MANC members receive a discounted rate to the conference. Not a member? You should join us! It's easy - just click here and you or your school can become a member of this important and growing Montessori organization. Do this now before you register to get the discounted member rate for your entire staff.
Large staff? You will receive a FREE registration for every 10 paying staff members coming to the conference. Just indicate "Invoice me" for all the staff members and we will create a single invoice that includes the credit.
Once you have registered, you will receive detailed information on the event and be able to choose lunch and workshop preferences.
There is a detailed list of workshops and their presenters on the MANC website.
All participants will receive a Professional Development Certificate of Attendance.
If you need overnight accommodations, we have made arrangements for a special rate at the Residence Inn Charlotte SouthPark. You can click here to make a reservation.
Cancellation Policy: Requests received by 9/15/23 will receive a 100% refund. Cancellations received by 9/22/23 will receive a 50% refund. No refunds are possible after that date.
Questions? Email George Markham, MANC Conference Coordinator.