We're back! After two years of virtual events, MANC is proud to announce that we're getting together in person again for our state-wide conference. Come join your fellow Montessorians at the beautiful Greensboro Montessori School. We'll have an Administrators Summit on Friday, October 8, and Saturday, October 9 there are sessions for everyone. You can sign up for the days you want to attend.
For those who cannot attend in person, the conference will also be live-streamed.
This conference is packed with presentations and workshops that are of immediate interest and value to Montessori administrators and teachers, both public and private.
Our Friday program features:
Awakening Awe and Wonder:
Cultivating a Growth Mindset in Montessori Staff
Montessori Inclusion for Today’s Children
Followed by an Administrator’s Panel:
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Through Licensing
Awakening Awe and Wonder: Expanding Montessori Practice
After that, you can choose from a dozen workshops:
- The Pathway to a Peaceful Inclusive Classroom
- Sewing, Weaving, & Knitting
- Expanding the Prepared Environment: Enhancing Adolescent Humanities Studies through Field Research
- Developing Compassion for Families with ADHD Children
- Observation & Communication are Keys
- Having Fun with Phonetic Grammar: The Montessori Phonetic Grammar Curriculum for Beginning Readers
- Meeting the Needs of AIG Students Within a Montessori Classroom
- Bridging the Gap: How to Build Montessori Parents as Partners
- Making Time Tangible: Beyond Calendars, Clocks and Sand Timers
- Building Community and Supporting Children in Extraordinary Times
- Coding, Computers, Technology…Oh My!
- OT and Montessori: Kindred Spirits
There will be a large variety of vendors to visit during the day, plus ample opportunity for networking and socializing.
Friday sessions start at 12:30 pm. On Saturday, registration and vendor exhibits starts at 8:00 am. Lunch is provided. The last workshop sessions end at 3:30 pm.
MANC members receive a discounted rate to the conference. Not a member? You should join us! It's easy - just click here and you or your school can become a member of this important and growing Montessori organization. Do this now before you register and then you can get the discounted member rate.
Once you have registered, you will receive detailed information on the event and be able to choose lunch and workshop preferences.
There is a detailed list of workshops and their presenters on the MANC website.
All participants will receive a Professional Development Certificate of Attendance.
If you need overnight accommodations, we have made arrangements with two area hotels:
Springhill Suites, 6006 Landmark Center Blvd, Greensboro: call 336.809.0909 and mention MANC to get the group rate.
Hotel Denim, 1517 Westover Terrace, Greensboro: to reserve a room, call 336.272.4737 and let them know you are reserving a room being held for Greensboro Montessori school.
Cancellation Policy: Requests received by 9/16/22 will receive a 100% refund. Cancellations received by 9/30/22 will receive a 50% refund. No refunds are possible after that date.
Questions? Email George Markham, MANC Conference Coordinator.